How to change my address for Internet, TV and Phone services?
Unless you live under a rock, you probably want your internet connection to be installed in your new home as soon as possible! This article guides you on the procedure to follow to successfully move you services with the main 13 Canadian providers.
Moving is also a great opportunity to save money on internet & TV services. Take some time to compare your current plan!
Are you moving, or just looking to switch Internet and TV provider? Get this done in a breeze with MovingWaldo.
Set up Internet, TV and Phone in minutes.
1. Tell us what you need.
2. Select your favorite plan.
3. Schedule installation.
When should I notify my telecommunications service provider(s) of my move?
It’s never too early to tell your telecom provider(s) about your move. To make sure all your services are reconnected to your new home in time, it is recommended to notify your telecom provider(s) at least four weeks before your moving date. This way, you can easily plan your desired installation time and date based around your day-to-day schedule.
What you should know!
In Quebec, if you plan to move around July 1st, you are part of the 250,000 other Quebecers who will fight for the best times for the installation of Internet, TV and Phone services. In this case, notify your service provider(s) eight weeks in advance. It does not cost anything to be well organized!
Moreover, in the years 2015 & 2016, among all provinces of Canada, those of British Columbia and Ontario were the principal recipients of net interprovincial migration (Statistics Canada). This means that if you are planning your move in one of these two provinces, you are competing with approximately 35,600 people combined for the installation of your TV, Phone and Internet services. You should thus be well prepared and notify your service providers as early as possible!
1. How to move my Bell Services?
2. How to move my Rogers services?
- Via MovingWaldo’s Set up telecom service;
- Via your MyRogers account, simply follow these steps:
- When you’re signed in, select “Profile & Settings”
- In the Account section, click “Edit” next to “Billing”
- After you’ve updated your billing address, select “SAVE CHANGES”
- Via the MyRogers app, simply follow these steps:
- Open the app and sign in
- Tap the menu icon and select “ACCOUNT DETAILS”
- Tap “Edit Billing Address”
- After you’ve updated your billing address, select “Review”
- After you’ve reviewed that the information is correct, tap “SUBMIT CANADA POST ADDRESS” or “SUBMIT ADDRESS AS ENTERED”
- After the success message appears, tap “OK” to confirm.
3. How to move my Videotron Services ?
4.How to move my Cogeco Services ?
5. How to move my Telus services?
6. How to move my TekSavvy services?
TekSavvy offers 3 ways to inform them of your move.
- Call Customer Service 1 833 619-1630;
- Submit a request via the Online Help Centre;
- Via your TekSavvy MyAccount.
For TekSavvy services, you should note that MyAccount address moves are currently limited to Dry Loop DSL customers in Ontario & Quebec, and Ontario Cable internet customers whose home is serviced by Rogers Network.
Moreover, to make sure that your change occurs as smoothly as possible, it is advised to contact TekSavvy at least seven to ten days prior to your move.
7. How to move my Start.ca services?
Start.ca offers 2 ways to inform them of your move.
- Call Customer Service in Canada at 1 866 434-5888 (24/7 Support)
2. Via your Start.ca account
8. How to move my Koodo services?
Koodo offers 3 ways to inform them of your move.
- Call Customer Service 1 866 995-6636;
AB, BC, MB, ON, QC, SK:
Sat & Sun: 9am-7pm
Sat & Sun: 10am-8pm
Note that fees will be charged when you contact customer service by phone.
9. How to move my Freedom Mobile services?
10. How to move my Eastlink Wireless services?
11. How to move my Public Mobile services?
12. How to move my Petro Canada Mobility services?
13. How to move my Acanac services?
Acanac offers only one way to inform them of your move.
- Contact Customer Care at 1 866 281-3538.
Mon-Fri: 9am-9pm EST
Note that some of Acanac’s carriers request a 10-day notice, so we recommend notifying them two weeks before your moving date, at the latest.
Moving is often synonymous of stress, long administrative tasks and a significant waste of time and money. MovingWaldo helps you solve all these problems in just a few clicks! After some shameless self-promotion, we invite you to discover our free moving tools available to all.
- Update accounts
- Connect Internet, TV and Phone.
- Secure home and auto insurance
- Find resources, checklists and more.
We bring together more than 700 organizations across Canada with a single and simplified form.
Share this article on social media
Relevant for your move
The ultimate guide to understand Internet and TV Technologies in Canada. Nowadays, the telecommunication industry offers a large number of technologies to customers. It can be laborious to navigate through all of this before choosing the
What is an alternative internet provider? To put it simply, we mean an internet provider that isn’t one of the big guns in the trade that we’ve all heard of, like Rogers and Bell. Today we are going to have a look at nine alternative Internet and TV providers that could help you save money.
Moving to a new house is known to be the second most stressful event in Canadians’ lives, right after losing a loved one. It forces us to confront a host of different problems that we’re not used to dealing with daily. This often means that we end up doing things in a haphazard and disorganized way and not fully seize the opportunities that comes with moving.
Streaming services are now part of our daily lives and are increasingly becoming indispensable. It’s important to take them into consideration when moving, in order to avoid facing any issues with the change of your billing address. This article guides you through the steps necessary to change your personal information with the biggest streaming services on the market.
Need help moving?
Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving platform and find everything your need for your move. No sign up required!