How to change my address with Hydro Manitoba?
Manitoba Hydro is the electric power and natural gas distributor in the province of Manitoba, that serves about 580,000 electric consumers around the province. Don’t forget to notify Hydro Manitoba of your new address when you move, to make sure you’ll have electricity, hot water and/or heating in your new home and that your account information is current! In this article, we guide you through the different ways you can change your address with Hydro Manitoba
Need to update your address with more than one organization? Check out our interactive checklist.
Update your Address in Minutes
1. Build your list.
2. Notify +1000 organizations at once.
3. Save time and leave nothing behind!
What you should know!
The following information apply to both owners and renters:
- You can provide your new address to Hydro Manitoba anytime
- When you move, your account number will change. If you usually pay your bills online or by phone, make sure to update your new account number with your bank.
- Renters are responsible for paying the energy bills until the day they give back their keys to the property owner, even if that date is before the end of their lease.
- While the rental unit is vacant, property owners are still billed for natural gas and electricity
- If you are a landlord and you want to make changes to a tenant’s account, you can contact Hydro Manitoba:
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I am moving out of Manitoba permanently?
When you move out of Manitoba, you have to stop the service at your address and cancel your Manitoba Hydro account, by filling out this online form. The energy provider in your new province/territory may ask for a credit reference letter, which contains information on your billing history. Fill out this online form to request the letter.
How can I update info other than my address?
If you are not moving, but simply need to change your name, email address, phone number or other basic account information, you can complete the “Update contact information” online form.
As we noted at the beginning of this article, changing your address with Hydro Manitoba is an important thing to do when you move. Probably as important is changing your address on your driver’s licence!
Moving is often synonymous of stress, long administrative tasks and a significant waste of time and money. MovingWaldo helps you solve all these problems in just a few clicks! After some shameless self-promotion, we invite you to discover our free moving tools available to all.
- Update accounts
- Connect Internet, TV and Phone.
- Secure home and auto insurance
- Find resources, checklists and more.
We bring together more than 700 organizations across Canada with a single and simplified form.
Share this article on social media
11 Things to Know Before Moving From Canada To United Kingdom In the year 2019, a total of 61,815 people migrated from Canada to another country; many of which went to the United Kingdom. It is
Best Home Workout: 5 ways to stay active over the winter Cold weather conditions and reduced hours of sunlight are the two main reasons why our physical activity slows down during winter time. Outdoor sports practised
We all know that making the right choice is not as easy as it sounds. This also applies when we talk about Internet and TV service providers. As there is a lot of competition around this domain, knowing what options to choose and what features are essential for us to can be confusing.
Ready to move?
Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving app that will save you up to 10 hours of paperwork. And it’s free.