5 Movers in Oshawa that you can trust.
Few things in life are as stressful as moving – whether it is a residential home, an office or a storage locker, packing everything you own in a logical, safe and organised way is always difficult (and that’s if everything goes to plan). A good moving company who offers a fair price, treats your belongings with care and respect and works efficiently is absolutely essential to your move being successful. But, how do you find one of these? The internet contains a labyrinth of review sites all providing conflicting reports on the quality or lack of quality for the various moving companies, making it very difficult to separate the good from the bad. At MovingWaldo we wanted to help guide people through this maze, which is why we collated information about the five best moving companies in Oshawa – presenting an easy comparison that allows you to see clearly.
MovingWaldo’s list of the 5 best movers in Oshawa
Metropolitan Movers Oshawa is a reputable, professional and award-winning moving company that seeks to put their customers as a priority with every service provided. This has earnt them an excellent reputation, evidenced by their A- rating on BBB and their 5-star google rating. They operate throughout Canada and are an excellent choice for anyone who is seeking a professional moving service in the Oshawa area.
- Provides industrial, commercial and residential moving, packing and storage solutions
- Assembly and Disassembly of furniture and workstations
- Packing supplies
- Special item handling such as Piano / Pool table
- Do not offer portable storage
- Do not offer international shipping
- End month dates fill up fast
- Do not accept personal cheques
Reviews of Metropolitan Movers Oshawa
- Google reviews: 5 stars out of 25+ reviews
- HomeStars reviews: 8.1 out of 10 based on 363 reviews
Services offered by Metropolitan Movers Oshawa
- Moving and deliveries
- Apartments and condo moving
- Disassembly and Assembly
- Packing / Unpacking
- Delivery of packing materials
- Storage of various sizes
- Piano/ Pool table moving
- Commercial and residential services
Miracle Movers has never sought to win awards in all of its 22 years of delivering a wide range of moving, packing and storage services to its local customers in Oshawa, as well as to all of its residential and commercial customers across Canada. With a team of courteous, careful and efficient movers coordinated by knowledgeable and customer-oriented office staff, this moving company has been successful at winning their customers’ Trust. And proof of that is their numerous and always increasing referrals and return customers!
Honesty, Integrity and Transparency matters most at Miracle Movers! The level of service and company’s name will speak for themselves!
- Pricing: Hourly rate ranging from $99 to $129 for 2 movers plus a standard Truck Fee
- Area Covered: Oshawa and the area
- BBB Rating: A+ (accredited 2019)
- CAM Member: Yes
- Established: Since 2008
Reviews of Miracle Movers in Oshawa
- Google: 4.5 stars based on 297 reviews
- HomeStars: 9.1 out of 10 based on 641 reviews
- Mymovingreviews: 4.7 stars based on 214 reviews
- TrustedPros: 4.9 stars based on 100 reviews
Services provided by Miracle Movers in Oshawa
- Residential moves
- Office and Commercial moves
- Packing and Unpacking
- Office furniture Installation
- White-Glove moves
- Plastic bins rental
- Storage services
- Local and long distance moves
- Interprovincial relocations
For more than 10 years, High Level Movers have been offering relocation services. Thus, they understand the stress of moving, but also that no move is the same. Because of this, they take it to heart to offer you services that you can customize according to your needs. Whether you just need help transporting your belongings from point A to point B, or you need packing, cleaning and storage services, their moving professionals will customize your moving services according to your needs. Finally, High Level Movers have strong customer reviews demonstrating their experience and the quality of their services.
- Pricing – Available on demand
- Areas Covered – Toronto area, Ottawa area, Vancouver area and Canada
- Better Business Bureau rating –Not Accredited
- In business since – 2009
- Online moving cost calculator.
- Strong customer reviews.
- Offer many services (packing, local and long distance, commercial and residential, storage, piano, etc.)
- Their movers receive bonuses when customers are satisfied with the service provided. Therefore, their movers make sure they offer the best, without pushing your time.
- Insurances are included.
- Cancellation fees are charged when the move is delayed or cancelled within 72 hours of the scheduled date.
Reviews of High Level Movers in Oshawa
- Google reviews: 4.7 stars based on 600+ reviews
Services offered by High Level Movers in Oshawa
- Local moving
- Long distance moving
- Residential moving
- Storage services
- Commercial moving
- Garbage removal
- Cleaning services
- Packing supplies
Why Should I choose High Level Movers?
If you need moving services in the GTA, High Level Movers is a great solution. With the help of their specialists, you can customize your service to perfectly meet your needs. They can also help you prepare your moving budget. This can be useful, especially if your move is last minute.
They are available in many locations for local moves, and can also do long distance moves in Canada. With their moving services, you will be able to move stress-free and smoothly.
4. PODS in Oshawa
Unlike the other companies listed here, PODS offers moving and storage container services. A PODS portable container is delivered to you, loaded on your schedule, and either kept in your driveway for 24/7 access, stored at one of their secure indoor facilities, or moved to your new home. In fact, PODS is an industry pioneer and leader since 1998, they provide residential and commercial moving and storage services – with contactless delivery and pick-up – across a vast service network. The Canadian-owned business, with its unparalleled flexibility, convenience, and control, makes for a great choice as your local or long-distance move. Click on the link to the Website to get 10% on your move!
- Price –Available on demand – Save 10% off retail rates through MovingWaldo!
- Areas Covered – Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Halifax, Edmonton, Calgary and more cities in Canada and the United States
- Better Business Bureau rating – Not Accredited
- In Business Since – 1998
Interior Space (cu. ft.)
Clearance Area Required
16′ x 8′ x 8′
3 or 4
40′ x 12′ x 15′
*12′ x 8′ x 8′
2 or 3
40′ x 12′ x 15′
7′ x 7′ x 8′
40′ x 12′ x 15′
* The 12’ x 8’ x 8’ container is only available for local moving and storage, but the other two container sizes are available for long-distance moves.
- Affordable option (10% discount if booked through MovingWaldo)
- Contactless delivery and pick-up
- They do the driving to the new address
- You control the schedule – so you can take your time loading
- 10X fewer damage claims compared to traditional movers*
- Flexible, easy storage options – in your driveway or in their secure indoor facilities
- Packing and loading help available, but not included
*According to AMSA (American Moving & Storage Association)
- Not all apartments or condos permit portable containers
- 12’ x 8’ x 8’ container only available for local moving and storage
Reviews of PODS in Oshawa
- Google reviews: 4.5 stars with 13,760 reviews from around the web
Services offered by PODS in Oshawa
- Local Moving
- Long Distance Moving
- Commercial Moving & Storage
- PODS Container Moving
- Contents Protection
- Storage Services
- Storage On-Site
- Store at their facilities
- Moving Supplies
- Packing and Loading Assistance
Why Should I choose PODS?
Whether you are moving across town, across the country – or if you need storage – in one of their secure indoor facilities, PODS has offered a flexible, convenient way for Canadians to move and store their belongings for more than two decades.
Mix and match among a range of portable moving and storage containers to fit your needs, and unlike traditional moving companies, PODS does not require a deposit, nor are you required to pay for your entire move upfront. They offer pay-as-you-go pricing, since you rent your PODS container(s) by the month, putting you in control of your schedule, so you can take your time. Not to mention, PODS is a contactless service, so you do not need to greet their driver for delivery or pick-up.
PODS can also help make packing and loading/unloading easier by referring you to highly rated hourly labor in your area. These pros know their containers inside and out to help maximize your space, and they will do as much as you need them to do.
PODS also offers a discount for people who book through MovingWaldo, which may be a great cost-saving option for some.
5. Inner City Moving & Storage
An award-winning moving company that is one of the largest in Canada – it is ideal for anyone who wants a corporate moving company that retains a personal touch. Inner City Moving & Storage is a member of all the relevant moving organisations in Canada and has a BBB rating of A+, ensuring that it is one of the best moving options in the country.
- Price – 2 movers and truck it’s $99 hr. A 3rd mover is $30 more.
- Areas Covered – Oshawa and the Greater Toronto Area
- Better Business Bureau rating – A+
- Member of CAM – No
- In business since – 1998
Reviews of Inner City Moving & Storage Company
- Google reviews: 4.4 stars out of 45+ reviews
- HomeStars reviews: 8.9 out of 10 based on 50+ reviews
Services offered by Inner City Moving & Storage Company
- Local moves
- House moving
- Office moving
- Commercial movers
- Packing services
Prices, availability, ratings and reviews may all vary over time. MovingWaldo does its best to provide accurate data and information, but cannot be held responsible for any information regarding the companies featured in this article. Unless noted otherwise, MovingWaldo is not taking part in any partnership with the above companies.
What’s the BBB? BBB stands for Better Business Bureau and is a North-American organisation whose mission is to help buyers and sellers trust each other. Its rating is based on the number of complaints that a company may receive and how the company handles these complaints. We try to always recommend companies that have A- or higher ratings.
What’s CAM? CAM stands for Canadian Association of Movers. It’s Canada’s only trade association for movers whose goal is to help its members evolve in the industry, while setting a standard of ethics and practices for moving companies. While it is a great way to gain credibility, not all moving companies are part of CAM.
Other Moving Companies in Ontario
Share this article on social media
Frequently Asked Questions about Moving
When is the cheapest time to move?
In general, it is cheaper to move in the middle of the week, in the middle of the month, and during the winter.
Moving prices change a lot throughout the year. Like Uber, the more demand there is, the higher the prices are. The general rules to get a discounted rate are:
- It is usually cheaper to move during the week than during the weekend. For instance, some companies will have a different hourly rate on Wednesday than on Saturday. This is likely due to the fact that people avoid taking time off from work to move, hence, there is more demand on weekends.
- Moving in the middle of the month is likely to be cheaper than moving on the last or first day of the month. This is due to the fact that most leases are renewed on the first day of the month, hence, there is more demand on this day.
- Moving during the winter is usually cheaper. December, January or February are most likely less expensive months. April to September is often more expensive since it coincides with the end and the beginning of the school year.
Note: Are you moving in Quebec? The moving rates over the weekend of Canada Day can go as high as three times the normal rate. How’s that possible you say? Most of Quebec’s lease agreements end on July 1rst. Quebecers call it Moving Day.
How many movers will I need?
Usually, a moving company will provide 2 or 3 movers. The number will depend on the company politics as well as the size of the move.
For instance, if you are moving from a one or two-bedroom apartment without large appliances, two movers will likely do it. On the contrary, if you are moving a house, 3 movers will be a better option.
If the moving company charges by the hour, the total hourly rate will be higher if there are 3 movers. This said, your move could also take less time, and the movers are less likely to accidentally scratch some furniture out of tiredness.
How many hours should I plan for my move?
For a same city move, the minimum will be 3 to 4 hours, but it is likely to be more than this. A two-bedroom apartment can take 4 to 6 hours, and a complete home could go up to 10 hours. Keep in mind that many things can influence the number of hours a move will take:
- The number of movers, usually 2 or 3.
- The number of boxes and furniture. Boxes are fast to move around, but appliances, sofas and specialty items can take a while. If a piece of furniture does not fit the stairs, for instance, you can count up to an hour to take it out through the balcony.
- On what level is your home located? Moving from the tenth floor will take more time.
- How long will it take for the movers to drive from their office, to your current home, then to your new home, and finally go back to the office? Most movers charge from door to door.
Try to evaluate how many trips will the movers need to load and unload everything, then estimate the time for each run. Finally, add the travel time and you should have a first approximation.
How much does it cost to hire a moving company?
Moving services rates are usually around 60$ to 80$ per hour per man. For instance, at $60 per hour, a 6 hours – 2 men move would cost 720$. You would then need to add gas, insurance, and tip.
Here is some sample data. Please make sure to get a proper quote to budget your move, as every move is different!
- Two-bedroom townhouse between $870 and $1,015
- Two-bedroom apartment with an elevator between $870 and $1,160
- Three-bedroom house around $1,600
- Four-bedroom home around $2,300.
Read our full article on the cost of moving.
What should I consider when choosing a moving company?
Selecting a mover is always a tricky thing to do. Since you do not move every year, you usually never had experience with the mover we end up selecting. There are rarely very poor decision, but here are a few things to consider that will help you make an appropriate choice:
Make sure the moving company offers insurance for your belongings.
Look for the BBB Rating. A BBB rating is a measure of customer satisfaction. The highest, the better. Note that not all companies use this rating.
Look for the Canadian Association of Movers (CAM) accreditation. Again, not all companies participate, but it can be a good source of credibility.
How long have they been in business? It is often a great thing when a company is in business for 50 years. We are not saying that young companies are not good, but harder to evaluate.
Where are they located? The closest to you and your new home, the cheaper it will be.
Do they hire full-time employees, or work with contractors? Full-time employees will often give you a guarantee that the reviews are relevant to the team.
Look for reviews from friends and family or turn to online reviews. Take the time to read the reviews and understand it.
Make sure you get more than one moving company quote!
How much should I tip movers?
First, let’s settle it. Yes, you should tip movers, especially if they did a great job and were respectful of you and your furniture. Moving is not an easy job!
- For an average or small size move of 3 to 4 hours, a reasonable tip would be $25 per mover.
- For a larger move, or if it is a very hot day for instance, do not hesitate to go up to $50 per mover.
- In addition to tips, movers are likely to appreciate non-alcoholic beverages, such as water or Gatorade, or small snacks during the course of the move.
- It is usually recommended to tip at the end when paying the final bill.
- Final note: Reviews. The moving industry is not easy, and online reviews are very important for these companies and also for other families that will be seeking their services later on. Share your experience!
For more information, read our full post here on how much to tip movers.
Should I hire professional movers or rent a moving truck?
There are a number of things to consider before deciding to hire professional movers or moving by yourself, but the quick answer is: hiring movers is definitely a simpler choice, but will often be more expensive. Here are the things to consider:
- What are you moving? Do you only have a few boxes to move, or are you moving a full-size home with a piano and pool table? Try imagining yourself moving the largest piece of furniture, could you do it?
- To the first point, how is your physical health? Moving is hard on the body, and you surely do not want to break your back over the cost of moving. Hire movers if you think the effort could be too much.
- Are you on a tight schedule, or can you move furniture over a week or a month? The more time you have, the easier it is to do it yourself.
- Do you have specialty items, such as a pool table, a hot tub or a piano? These are expensive and need technical skills to be moved without properly. Make sure to get professional movers.
What are 5 tips for a perfect move in Oshawa?
- Plan your move. The more planning, the better.
- Take measurement at your current and new address. Make sure everything fits.
- Create a Google Drive with all reservations, quotes, lists, insurance, and documents related to your move.
- Label your boxes!
- Always double confirm every reservation.
For MovingWaldo’s ultimate printable moving checklist, click here!
Relevant for your move
Best Moving Companies Clarington – Find the perfect moving company near me. Looking for the best moving companies in Clarington? Here’s how we help. We’ve built a list of curated movers that you can trust, based
Best 5 Moving Truck Rental Alternatives to U-Haul in Oshawa You’re moving home in Oshawa and are looking to rent a truck. But, where do you start when you don’t want to opt for the most
Finding the right telecommunication provider is always going to depend on what are your actual needs. So before we dive in and explore 5 alternative Internet service providers to Rogers in Oshawa, Ontario, it’s good to have in mind throughout this article what are your expectations. We are going to have a look at Bell, EBOX, Distributel, Start.ca, and Execulink.
Need help moving?
Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving platform and find everything your need for your move. No sign up required!